Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Re: This Forum..

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Regardless of how anyone feels about them. With rarely any college education, sometimes not even a high school diploma, what would the equivalent potential hiree get payed for the same level of experience to do another job that doesn't require much from entry level position?
    Dick. With no medical, dental, or vision. No vacation. No housing. No free food. No free college when you get out. .mil is a good gig for the fresh out of high school life n00b. Plus if you choose the right .mil job you can get yourself an awesome job when you get out.

Case in point. My little brother did 4 years in the Navy as an IT with a top secret clearance. He was hired by a contractor for 90k/year before he even got out. He's left the country more as a contractor than he ever did as an enlisted man. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaavy job. I love my brother, and respect his service. But I giggle wholeheartedly when someone thanks him for his service, and for risking his life for our freedom. The most dangerous part of his day was pouring his coffee in the morning. That shit was hot, and could burn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Lol. Alright bud. You got it all figured out. Among the many fallacies in your retort, let's start with the compensation. Let's look at the free healthcare, overtly affordable dental and free food if they are single or deployed. A married soldier also makes BAH and BAS. There are numerous other pay entitlements based on their "on-call status", some units have a constantly flowing "separation/hazard pay" depending on their frequency of getting deployed? EOD for instance, if they are on a shift cycle, will be entitled danger pay. Yes, EOD does shift work even stateside.

How long were you an NCO in the military assisting your young soldiers acqyiring what they needed?

You're trying to be a white knight when you know there is a smidgen of truth in what I say. Or else someone else would have spoken up before. This isn't the 80's anymore. Soldiers are payed exactly what they are worth and then some if you count the bennies. The low pay for an E-1 is incentive to do better and get promoted. What you left out is the fact that all the way to E-4 is an automatic promotion. E-3 to E-4 is one of the biggest pay bumps in the army. So as long as a soldier doesn't fuck up, they will be making decent money once again in no time at all. Idk where you got 250k SGLI from, but it is currently at 400k SGLI and if you're deployed you get an additional 100k within a timely manner (your family gets it), in the unfortunate event of your passing. You're either intentionally misconstruing facts to support your bias or you just didn't do your research before posting. With rarely any college education, sometimes not even a high school diploma, what would the equivalent potential hiree get payed for the same level of experience to do another job that doesn't require much from entry level position?
    He's pulled out this bs number before, and has admitted that he does not count anything but pay. Maybe he'll learn something from your post and actually do research this time.

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    Dick. With no medical, dental, or vision. No vacation. No housing. No free food. No free college when you get out. .mil is a good gig for the fresh out of high school life n00b. Plus if you choose the right .mil job you can get yourself an awesome job when you get out.

Case in point. My little brother did 4 years in the Navy as an IT with a top secret clearance. He was hired by a contractor for 90k/year before he even got out. He's left the country more as a contractor than he ever did as an enlisted man. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaavy job. I love my brother, and respect his service. But I giggle wholeheartedly when someone thanks him for his service, and for risking his life for our freedom. The most dangerous part of his day was pouring his coffee in the morning. That shit was hot, and could burn you.
    Lol, sorry for rubbing it in man.

Dont get me wrong, I don't wish that any benefits be taken or standards be lowered. I don't oppose people thanking service members for their service. BUT.... Let's keep it in perspective, service members are already given much praise and benefits for their sacrifice. More is not needed(the VA is a whole other beast) Our country has come leaps and bounds from where it was in the 60's in supporting our troops. My mom and dad were both in Vietnam, hearing some of the stories about getting spit on is an out rage.

Just like someone in the custodial arts being looked down upon or ignored is an outrage to me. I'm not a janitor, it's just another job I can think of that im sure also sucks.

Last edited by brownsalamander; 09-15-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Lol, sorry for rubbing it in man.

Dont get me wrong, I don't wish that any benefits be taken or standards be lowered. I don't oppose people thanking service members for their service. BUT.... Let's keep it in perspective, service members are already given much praise and benefits for their sacrifice. More is not needed(the VA is a whole other beast) Our country has come leaps and bounds from where it was in the 60's in supporting our troops. My mom and dad were both in Vietnam, hearing some of the stories about getting spit on is an out rage.

Just like someone in the custodial arts being looked down upon or ignored is an outrage to me. I'm not a janitor, it's just another job I can think of that im sure also sucks.
    I don't either. Its a good gig for people, and I'm not jealous. I'm just trying to expand on what you're trying to say. I just try to treat people as individuals. Whatever group they happen to belong to is irrelevant in my opinion.

i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    I don't either. Its a good gig for people, and I'm not jealous. I'm just trying to expand on what you're trying to say. I just try to treat people as individuals. Whatever group they happen to belong to is irrelevant in my opinion.
    Exactly.

" still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Tactical Operator
    Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

LEO and military have my deep respect. The majority are great selfless people. Some turds in every bowl, no matter what.

I've seen and worked with and served with the best and worst in the military. We all see the best and worst of cops on Youtube videos and news.

I've never had a bad interaction with a cop that I didn't deserve - a few instances of speeding which was ultimately my fault. I've met a few pricks in the military and it's generally when a person passes 15 years in service (the E7 and 05).

Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Well, not to keep flogging the deceased equine, but it sure seems as though some of you are looking at the military from the perspective of having spent only one enlistment or so on active duty. For those that did 20 or more years, the sacrifice (if one had family) is only truly realized after it's all over.

I guess having gone into law enforcement post-military career makes me a glutton for punishment. I never expected praise or adoration from the citizens I served (and I've always considered my careers as service), still don't ... I'll agree with LC that there are far too many pricks in the military and law enforcement, but that goes for any occupation. But y'all gotta look at the hours one has to work in LE to make any money and the stuff you miss in life by deploying as an active duty military guy ...

In hindsight, I'd rather have been eating rice and beans most nights and been home for my kids' high school years (I missed almost every one of their varsity sports events), taken those corny prom pics of the kids and been there when they needed me (or I needed them). I never complained about the compensation -- always felt well-taken care of in that regard. I just think some of you are missing the point that military and law enforcement make a lot of other sacrifices.

Back on topic, I never, ever had a bad deal gun deal on SGN. Happily paid the asking prices (and felt good about the deal) and always got what I thought was fair for my sales. But moreover, I met some awesome dudes, including a couple I consider good friends -- and every guy I met I felt was a stand-up dude.

Unfortunately, it does seem that post-594, ALL the posting traffic has fallen off ... Do we need to advertise the forum more? Haven't heard from more than a couple guys why they stopped coming by ...

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Penis.............

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Penis.............
    Was wondering what was on your mind, Jason.

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Well, not to keep flogging the deceased equine, but it sure seems as though some of you are looking at the military from the perspective of having spent only one enlistment or so on active duty. For those that did 20 or more years, the sacrifice (if one had family) is only truly realized after it's all over.

I guess having gone into law enforcement post-military career makes me a glutton for punishment. I never expected praise or adoration from the citizens I served (and I've always considered my careers as service), still don't ... I'll agree with LC that there are far too many pricks in the military and law enforcement, but that goes for any occupation. But y'all gotta look at the hours one has to work in LE to make any money and the stuff you miss in life by deploying as an active duty military guy ...

In hindsight, I'd rather have been eating rice and beans most nights and been home for my kids' high school years (I missed almost every one of their varsity sports events), taken those corny prom pics of the kids and been there when they needed me (or I needed them). I never complained about the compensation -- always felt well-taken care of in that regard. I just think some of you are missing the point that military and law enforcement make a lot of other sacrifices.

Back on topic, I never, ever had a bad deal gun deal on SGN. Happily paid the asking prices (and felt good about the deal) and always got what I thought was fair for my sales. But moreover, I met some awesome dudes, including a couple I consider good friends -- and every guy I met I felt was a stand-up dude.

Unfortunately, it does seem that post-594, ALL the posting traffic has fallen off ... Do we need to advertise the forum more? Haven't heard from more than a couple guys why they stopped coming by ...
    That is a big sacrifice indeed.