Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum..

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Re: This Forum..

Since we're discussing military and LEO, why not just give these members free healthcare paid by Norm. The membership would be massive and we could do away with the VA.

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I stopped buying stuff off here a long time ago. I have nothing that I wish to pay to sell on here either. Declining active membership is the main reason. Washington Gun pages on FB and Armslist has more views and posts in one day than this place sees in a month. And they follow through.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jspeed1972 View Post
    I stopped buying stuff off here a long time ago. I have nothing that I wish to pay to sell on here either. Declining active membership is the main reason. Washington Gun pages on FB and Armslist has more views and posts in one day than this place sees in a month. And they follow through.
    Coming from a guy with 86 total posts, it never seems like you were on here much anyways.

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

With zero feedback, it doesn't look like he bought a lot of stuff either.

NRA Life Member
    Hillary for Prison, 2016

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jspeed1972 View Post
    Never heard of you.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Norm, are you still seeing a lot of guests on the site? Some of the threads get a lot of views but not many posts so I wonder if there are still guests or people that just read and don't post.

I wonder if the idea brought up before of not having to pay for posting ads might help (with maybe some other limitations). It would be nice to see more than a page of ads in some of those sections again. I think I'll start digging out parts to either sell or PIF. The PIF's were a great thing but have also dropped a lot. I remember when we used to even sell guns for way under current pricing to help out people.

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisWR View Post
    Norm, are you still seeing a lot of guests on the site? Some of the threads get a lot of views but not many posts so I wonder if there are still guests or people that just read and don't post.

I wonder if the idea brought up before of not having to pay for posting ads might help (with maybe some other limitations). It would be nice to see more than a page of ads in some of those sections again. I think I'll start digging out parts to either sell or PIF. The PIF's were a great thing but have also dropped a lot. I remember when we used to even sell guns for way under current pricing to help out people.
    There is still a lot of guest viewing the site, it would be nice to attract more of them to actually joing.

I opened up the classifieds, with the exception of firearms, to the silver membership.
    I am not sure what I want to do with that yet. They pay to list a firearm really curbed down stolen/questionable items and the shady people who list $250.00 glocks and want to meet at 11:00pm at questionable place.
    I am thinking of maybe having a minimum post count to be able to list firearms for sale. A shady character may just move on, if has to be active and make a few post before being able to sell a firearm. Then again, those people are usually spotted right away and run out of here or banned.
    I will think some more on that and hopefully come up with something by the end of the weekend.

Tactical Operator
    Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

Deciding to give myself a self-imposed hiatus for at least a week from this site. Maybe I'll come back, maybe not. Some cool people here, but also folks that seem bipolar and passive aggressive. I try to challenge opinions, evolve conversation, contribute through the classifieds buying and selling and giving away PIFs, invite folks to the range, pass along deals, etc.

Folks here tend to get super hostile, toxic and childish over differing opinions on moronic topics like sports and precious metals. How dare someone not want to suck the tits of the NFL *gasp* and think for themselves. (you know, the organization that wants to deny you of your 2A rights, and the beloved Seahawks owner who helped pass I594 which ya'll gripe about).

Noone can have an adult conversation without attacking someone's (my) profession, military service, etc. It gets tiring.

Gee, I wonder why membership here has tanked - the same few people just balls out act like dicks to anyone that disagrees or challenges them intellectually.

Clue - it isn't 594. It's the asshole behavior of a handful of members with the immediate namecalling and passive aggressive behavior and one-liner juvenile attacks.

Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    Deciding to give myself a self-imposed hiatus for at least a week from this site. Maybe I'll come back, maybe not. Some cool people here, but also folks that seem bipolar and passive aggressive. I try to challenge opinions, evolve conversation, contribute through the classifieds buying and selling and giving away PIFs, invite folks to the range, pass along deals, etc.

Folks here tend to get super hostile, toxic and childish over differing opinions on moronic topics like sports and precious metals. How dare someone not want to suck the tits of the NFL *gasp* and think for themselves. (you know, the organization that wants to deny you of your 2A rights, and the beloved Seahawks owner who helped pass I594 which ya'll gripe about).

Noone can have an adult conversation without attacking someone's (my) profession, military service, etc. It gets tiring.

Gee, I wonder why membership here has tanked - the same few people just balls out act like dicks to anyone that disagrees or challenges them intellectually.

Clue - it isn't 594. It's the asshole behavior of a handful of members with the immediate namecalling and passive aggressive behavior and one-liner juvenile attacks.
    Nothing passive aggressive about it. I just dont like you. Has nothing to do with your differing opinions, knowledge, or so called PIFs. Has to do with the way you present yourself, above everyone else. Go out of your way to try and mock or belittle topics you have no skin in, yet think if someone does, they are less than you somehow.
    There are a lot of valid points you have made over the years. Some I even agree with. However if I ever did I'd be damned if I threw my hat in with yours just for the simple fact of how you had to make your point. We all know your big talking points. Beating the horse into hamburger isnt changing anyone's mind. If you were ever to do it, it wont be with your current style of communication, I can promiss you that.
    Its too bad SGN and its community will lose a member, maybe you can take some time and reflect on your reputation/persona/what have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

LC you need to man up and admit it. You were a dick on the PM issue. I even conceded and mostly agreed with you and you didn't even bend a bit . Inflexible bastard does help the site.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.