NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Re: This Forum..

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    Deciding to give myself a self-imposed hiatus for at least a week from this site. Maybe I'll come back, maybe not. Some cool people here, but also folks that seem bipolar and passive aggressive. I try to challenge opinions, evolve conversation, contribute through the classifieds buying and selling and giving away PIFs, invite folks to the range, pass along deals, etc.

Folks here tend to get super hostile, toxic and childish over differing opinions on moronic topics like sports and precious metals. How dare someone not want to suck the tits of the NFL *gasp* and think for themselves. (you know, the organization that wants to deny you of your 2A rights, and the beloved Seahawks owner who helped pass I594 which ya'll gripe about).

Noone can have an adult conversation without attacking someone's (my) profession, military service, etc. It gets tiring.

Gee, I wonder why membership here has tanked - the same few people just balls out act like dicks to anyone that disagrees or challenges them intellectually.

Clue - it isn't 594. It's the asshole behavior of a handful of members with the immediate namecalling and passive aggressive behavior and one-liner juvenile attacks.
    I thought we were having a good civilized debate on precious metals. Where was the passive agression in our discussion? I stated the definition of fiat currency and why gold/silver have been used for that purpose. I assumed as a lawyer you have no problem debating. I think this can go both ways. We all have to realize people get bent out of hsape at times and just let those roll off our backs. Everyone has bad days. I hope you don't decide to bail because it is good to have different opinions.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I have to agree that there is some bad blood on here.

Don't let the interweb bullies tie you up in knots LC.

Like I said to me kid: World's a big place. In it there are going to be people that like you, and unavoidably, folks that don't.

Feedback Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
    How dare someone not want to suck the tits of the NFL *gasp* and think for themselves. (you know, the organization that wants to deny you of your 2A rights, and the beloved Seahawks owner who helped pass I594 which ya'll gripe about).
    Ill respond to this since I know this portion is directly aimed at me.

It's not about "sucking the NFL's tits" or sports fans in general not being able to think for themselves. Sports for me and many others on here goes way beyond rooting for the name that's on a back of a jersey, its about tradition of rooting for a franchise that has been in place for longer than I have been on this planet and LONGER THAN PAUL ALLEN HAS OWNED THE TEAM. Do I agree with it? No, but Im not going to stop rooting for them because of it. Growing up in a family of rabid sports fans, meeting up on Saturday's & Sunday's has been a part of my up bringing for as far as I remember. You have made it very clear that you think I am helping to the decay of society because I contribute some money and my time to watching and supporting it. That's your opinion, and although I completely disagree with it, that's your right.

There are threads created on here that I have no interest in or maybe don't even agree with, but I don't go into them and speak my mind against them and talk down to the people who do. I have more important things to do with my time than getting into an internet pissing match and quote fest.. What I don't get is what kind of outcome do you really expect by continuing to go into these sports related threads and basically stating that all of us are pieces of shit because we root for "thugs" and "criminals"? What gets really tiring is your continual posts in these threads. We get it, you have made your point numerous time, YOU HATE SPORTS. Is there really a need to continue to go in and derail threads by continuing to bring it up?

I don't dislike you as a person at all, and I honestly think you really bring a good amount of knowledge and information to the site. We just have different beliefs and hobbies and I respect that, but I personally feel a lot of the flak you get on here is self inflicted to a degree.

Last edited by L_O_G; 09-18-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    "When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

" still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Feedback Score
    139 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Cool .22 bro lol

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

I thought it was chambered in .454 .... Shit!

" still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

How much? Didn't see a price posted?

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Wow, it's a bummer to see what has become of this place. my two pennies......

I called the demise as soon as I heard about the pay system. it took longer than I anticipated though. People refusing to acknowledge 594 devalued their collection doesn't help.

I know why myself and one other very generous contributor stopped doing PIFs. not sure if they're still ongoing or not. (the Platinum or Peninsula box still exist?)

I heavily disagreed with some staff/admin decisions which made me less inclined to donate money and goods.

Also had some personal shit occur keeping me away so it's not just you fuckers.
    However, it is telling that I haven't completed a single deal here in well over a year but am still ranked 6th out of 27,000+ for feedback? O_O

my advice:

stop the pay to play crap. $3/month doesn't bring you enough revenue to make it worth it but drives away plenty just on principle alone. People are cheap asses. (used guns selling for new prices anyone?)

Hold weekly raffles/auctions for items you buy yourself. Find a brick of .22? Throw it in a M-F raffle for $1 per entry. Score a cheap pistol/rifle at a gunshow? Raffle the chance to buy it for $5 per entry. When I raffled off the AR right after Newtown I generated almost $4k that was given to people in the community.

Allow others to raffle/auction items (maybe not actual firearms for legal reasons, I dunno) Charge nothing to sell in the open market but take a $5 raffle/auction fee for items ending at $250 or less. $10 fee for items that end at $750 or less. or whatever. there is a reason people like selling on Ebay. You never know what something will go for. Out of 2,000+ transactions on there while I ran my company, I had many items go for more than it cost new just because people like the chance of winning. at a raffle, the seller could get WAY more than it's actual worth if a bunch of people enter.
    - of course you would have to do some kind of escrow or something to ensure it was fair and legit.....

lastly something I've felt for 4+ years that I don't care if I get banned from both places for:
    HAVING THE OWNERS OF TOS MODERATE THIS SITE IS A HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
    I have a lot of respect for those guys and think they do a great job. but we're human and biases are bound to come into play. I once got told I was being banned from TOS for something I said here by a moderator here who owned TOS. he apologized after but the point was made.

it's unfortunate to see what's happened here but anything can be turned around. but people need a reason to come back and right now overpriced used guns requiring a background check, no chat feature, being annoyed with $3 per month, and few actual gun topics is not gonna do it.

I'll come back in a year to see if it's better!