Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum..

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Re: This Forum..

Quote Originally Posted by jmathisn View Post
    Well, a big suggestion to help you in spreading the word about the site, first and foremost, do NOT tell people who do not know about the site to go check out "SGN", the first thing they are going to type is "SGN.com", which is a site we do not want to be associated with - no prejudice or phobia, just not a good association for us (except Bronco, to get pics to make us cringe).

Please tell them "SeattleGuns.net". It is a pity Norm cannot somehow get the "sgn.com" domain so as to prevent future embarrassments.
    Yes, Zombie66, I know, it is never accidental when you go to sgn.com

Hey Dickhead I fat-fingered the search bar...............

I would also be down for some Gun Show Promotion, hell im usually there anyways.

Here is my small complaint, I use Tapatalk 90% of the time now with that said I also upload my pics through the app as well which made my life super easy, im not sure what was changed but when I upload a pic from the app it is super small (yes I know when you click on it gets bigger) but it looks like shit.

Last edited by zombie66; 09-09-2015 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Hey Dickhead I fat-fingered the search bar...............

I would also be down for some Gun Show Promotion, hell im usually there anyways.

Here is my small complaint, I use Tapatalk 90% of the time now with that said I also upload my pics through the app as well which made my life super easy, im not sure what was changed but when I upload a pic from the app it is super small (yes I know when you click on it gets bigger) but it looks like shit.
    So I make some wood racks. A few sgn'ers go to the show with their firearm collections and a sign that reads "we got these guns CHEAP! Ask us how" and rep SGN. Seems simple enough, until z66 trades 1/2 his collection away for Mossberg 590's and shiny wheel guns.

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

So I make some wood racks. A few sgn'ers go to the show with their firearm collections and a sign that reads "we got these guns CHEAP! Ask us how" and rep SGN. Seems simple enough, until z66 trades 1/2 his collection away for Mossberg 590's and shiny wheel guns.
    LOL its better than a 90lb 50 cal. that someone just had to have....................."OMG its my dream gun I want one sooooooooooo bad"

Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

LOL its better than a 90lb 50 cal. that someone just had to have....................."OMG its my dream gun I want one sooooooooooo bad"
    Psssh, whatever it gave Bronco a black eye for me. No donkey punch required.

And I made $800 on that giant lump of awesome. Handlebar Dave was jealous.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Crazy how this thread has boosted postings

Play stupid games.
    Win stupid prizes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

when I upload a pic from the app it is super small (yes I know when you click on it gets bigger) but it looks like shit.
    That's what she said. I hear that there is surgery for that small personal problem you are having.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

This forum, any forum, reacts like a population group. People die off (people move onto other hobbies/websites, or just stop posting) and people are born to replace those who die off (new members join the forum). The problem I've seen with forum activity is that we've had a fair amount of people dying off, and not many new guys coming in to replace them.

So I think back to what made me join this forum. What I think made most of us join up. Guns for sale. Plain and simple. Years ago a buddy says to me "hey I know this website where you can get awesome deals on guns." Well sign me up damnit!. IMO one of the biggest problems is the classifieds dying off. 594 had a big part in this, yes, but that's not the only problem IMO.

It may be time for the paid memberships to go. I don't know if that's a reasonable request, or even possible, but I think that's what's hurting the site now. Originally it was fine, the site was humming along and it made sense to have a paid membership. Who wouldn't pay $2 a month to list on Seattle's most popular classifieds website? Now it just doesn't make as much sense. With viewership greatly diminished the service no longer justifies the cost.

To me, that's the biggest problem right now. We all came here to get deals on guns, we stayed and chatted once we looked over the classifieds because this is an awesome community. But if the classifieds don't have any content it just becomes a chat hub for the regulars. We need to bring new life to the site. We need to stir the classifieds and bring back the allure of SGN. IMO that means doing away with the tiered pay memberships.

But that won't do it on it's own. We need to get out there in the community and rep the site. Hand out cards at gun shows, maybe even have a table. Make appearances at political rallies. If this site is going to come back to life it will take work. So it boils down to one question really, that I ask of everyone, ownership and membership:

Are you willing to put in the work to revitalize the site?
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Trolls? Thats the best part of this site. When you've got people that give the best reactions over any little comment, what do you expect? I like seeing the arguments ppl get into on here. It's awesome lol. Thing is, at the end of the day, everyone's cool with each other. Aside from a very very few, it's not personal. It's just a bunch of guys ball busting each other.... Hard. Gotta have thick skin to have fun on here. Can't be butt hurt about all the "trolls" aka.... "Ball busters".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Crazy how this thread has boosted postings
    These were all points I was thinking of when reading through the posts. This thread sure got people going.

There used to be a lot more gun talk but I guess that dropped off with people moving on. I originally joined for gun buying and selling but learned a lot from reaading all the gun info from people that new mich more than I do. I love guns and have always had them but it I never had the expertise in different systems.

There is a catch 22 with the paid system. Norm needs the money for operations but if people drop off, it brings in less money. Maybe a different pay system would work, like autopay, as someone stated.

I'm glad this topic was started and that it was made to stick.

My main reason for logging on now is to see Bronco's avatar.

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I came to SGN for the buying/selling but stayed for the local gun talk. Now there is too little talk about guns and I pretty much go to WEVO for that now and see several SGN members over there. The amount of locker room talk here got pretty old pretty quick, too. I'm not necessarily offended by gay unicorns, but it isn't worth my time to read.

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Jparks...and others who have been "run off"... why?

Unless they were ripping people off, why not just ignore the ones who are buffoons? Or just merely observe the buffoonery for entertainment value? Live, let live?

Lots of talk about dwindling membership alongside of talk about running folks off....and there seems to be a disconnect here of contributory cause and effect.

edit: In response to the gentleman above being disinterested in the "locker room talk". I get that, seriously.

But some folks come here for that kind of banter. It has its time and place.

The thing that puzzles me is that there are different sections on the forum. If one wants to just see gun stuff, those specific forums can be viewed without expsosure to the banter in the other sections/threads... so why does what two or three guys say in General Discussion affect the content for the entire site?

similarly, characters with whom one finds objection can be blocked. So, why run them off?

edit:edit: How about a New ADVERTISEMENT tab along with the What's New tab. Results for the New ADVERTISEMENT tab would be only for gun ads and firearms discussion?

Last edited by jukk0u; 09-10-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)

Jparks, Techno Weenie whatever you want to call him is a future shooting case waiting to happen and is in a class by himself. I have never seen someone go out of their way so many times to play the civilian police card that it pushes the boundaries of harassment.

Any forum, let alone a gun forum doesn't need the attention that guy brings.

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent