Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you most like to see on SGN?

What would you most like to see on SGN?

I am brainstorming ways to breath new life into the site and regain some membership. Please take a moment to consider ways to regain and even build membership. New, specific content? Group events? Classes? Fund raising? Promotions? Group buys? What would make you enjoy SGN more?

I am hoping that we can come up with something to stop the membership and post-count decline. Lets make SGN fun again and try to bring back that feeling of "Family" that I got when I first became a member. That is gone and we really need to put our heads together and find ways to get it back.

So, if you have positive input to ad, please do. Constructive criticism is OK, but lets make sure to keep it helpful.

Picnics, group shoots, cookouts, camping, wheeling, riding, etc? Building classes, reloading classes, BBQ classes? Shooting classes? There has to be something that would interest folks....

-Jim
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Re: What would you most like to see on SGN?

BBQ at Norms place every Sunday! JK. Hey, BTW, I'm totally on board here. Thanks for creating this thread Barf.

Pics of jerked quisling.
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Pics of jerked quisling.
    Whadda huh?!? As long as it doesn't involve pictures of JuKko0. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Pics of jerked quisling.
    We shall have to wait until Hillary is indicted for that....

Seriously though folks, I am looking for helpful suggestions on how we can make this place better for everyone.
    Beware the guise of security, for it is temporary and false and true intentions will become transparent once your freedoms have been stripped....

Well I'm sure that most members as well as casual visitors to this site would agree, gun related items offered for sale at fair prices will always be a huge draw. I honestly believe that sales on the forums are slowly increasing again. I'm thinking that people are finally acclimating and adapting to the new laws and learning to either live with them..... or not.

Also, I think the ability to post pictures simply and EASILY attracts more people. Lots of people don't want to take the time to learn the process, particularly the more tech challenged among us. I'm fine hosting my pics at a free web host but most people are clueless when it comes to this. It's a complaint I hear on all the gun forums. Not to digress too much but Armslist as well as NWFirearms probably have the easiest of all sites for loading images.

I know we can currently upload pics, but only small ones. I think it may be a storage issue. I don't know how much space Norm is allotted with his hosting contract, but that is something that I can ask him about and see if there is a way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    I know we can currently upload pics, but only small ones. I think it may be a storage issue. I don't know how much space Norm is allotted with his hosting contract, but that is something that I can ask him about and see if there is a way to make it work.
    I may have greater pic capacity due to being a mod, but my pics are often TOO big. ???
    I have more trouble getting my home system to allow editing of my pics (more and more frequently phone pics)
    for size and such than I do posting them here. It just isn't that HARD.
    Upload them to Photobucket, hover over any pics 'menu' icon and click "share" from the drop-down offering.
    Click the bottom of the 4 offerings then navigate back to SGN and your post...right click, paste, done.

Maybe our first official site group event is a pic-posting tutorial/beer bust?

After that, let's combine our AR500 plates (or cardboard boxes) at various ranges and do a group shoot on the dry side. Spring and 70f weather
    will be upon us b4 we can get it organized. I have a couple different/new (to me) rifles that need trying at 100-300 yards.

Reading further of today's posts, it occurs to me we could also get a bunch of us old-timey rifle buffs together with our various
    milsurps and others, and spend most of the day with them. I have Mausers, M1s, British Enfields, M1 carbines and such.
    Have never been close to an AK47, AKM, Mosin, Nagant, etc. when it went bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Barfly View Post
    I can play around with this and see what I can do.
    This was a big problem with the old hosting, you get 25 guys posting 4 pics each and next thing you know, you surpassed the bandwidth.