Welcome to the site Robb!

Thanks Skidoo!

-R
    "It's all fun and games until someone losses an eye"

Feedback Score

Re: The New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    With the 95th?
    I was with the 630th MP Co. from Bamberg, Germany. Then was assigned to the 51st MP Det. as a Military Police SSD Dog Handler.

-R

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Yeah, but you to agree to a blindfold and a $5000 deposit against the secrecy of the site location.

$5,000 deposit...? Lol. It'd take me almost 5 months worth of my ridiculous VA disability checks to get to that amount, but I'll make sure to keep things G-14 classified for the time being.

-R

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Thank you for your service to our nation.

Thank you sir! and you're very welcome! Btw, your profile picture is awesome! Lol.

-R

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dav2no1 View Post
    Welcome from Tacoma-ish area. Thanks for your service and good to have you on SGN.

Thank you sir! you're very welcome and I'm glad to be here. Your quote for your profile hits the nail on the head! "Like" button hit!

-R

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jukk0u View Post
    ham steak with over-easy eggs

Great handle. Welcome. Whacha shooting?

Thank you sir! Funny thing is, I'm actually eating some left over Ham (Easter Dinner) and eggs this morning as I type this lol. My handle name is a nickname for my pup who's my service animal. His name's Hambone. I got that name from a friend of mine who was a British RAF harrier pilot who was KIA during OEF XI. His British buddies would all say that he was a "hambone" because he was such a kind hearted goofball. He was a damn good man. So when I got my pup, I didn't name him for the first couple of days so that I could get an idea for his personality. After a couple days with him, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was also a "Hambone" so thus, how his name came to be. An ex-girlfriend of mine nicknamed him "Hamsteak" (amongst tons of other nick names for this goofy pup lol) but "Hamsteak" always stuck.

I'm currently shooting a few different things. My personal carry is a Glock 19 Gen 4. I've upgraded the sights and put a Streamlight TRL-1 HL light attached to the rail and carrying it in a BravoConcealment kydex holster. I played around with the back straps and have found that with that light attached to it along with the "Large" backstrap, that pistol is now perfect! (aside a nice trigger upgrade eventually). I love this pistol. I also have a S&W M&P 15 Sport with a few different Magpul facelift upgrades to it and a Vortex Spitfire optic on it. I'm looking at doing a low profile gas block on it so that I can put a mid-length hand guard on it instead of the carbine length hand guard. My accuracy is a lot better with being able to extend my hand down towards the end of the hand guard when I shoot rather than closer to the mag well with a carbine length. I also have my Win Model 70 .338 Win Mag for my long distance shooting. Currently selling my Ruger .44 mag New Model SuperBlackhawk so that I can purchase a tactical shotgun to add to my collection, then eventually would like to purchase a Remington 700 in either a .308 or .270. Eventually I'd like to get either a SIG P226 or 1911 as my "thigh pistol".

-R

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cootduster View Post
    Welcome to SGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You for your service. There are a fair number of people on here who have a DD214.

Sorry about your injury that "Knocked" you out of being a "Lifer".
    Best of Luck in the "civilian world".

cootduster

Thank you sir! I appreciate it! Glad to be apart of the SGN group. Enjoy this sunshine today!

Cheers!

-R

Feedback Score
    62 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsteak1039 View Post
    I was with the 630th MP Co. from Bamberg, Germany. Then was assigned to the 51st MP Det. as a Military Police SSD Dog Handler.
    Gotcha. I was in the 504th for a bit, never a K9 handler though. Knew a couple of the ones in the 51st awhile back. Takata was my platoon sergeant for awhile. He was over 51st when I got out.

Last edited by brownsalamander; 03-29-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    " still got your Uzi? I've got a beautiful very valuable Sumatran blood python baby full of color and an enclosure. Any interest in a trade?"