Thread: Greenwater/hwy 410 target shooting/cleaning setup meeting apr 23

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Greenwater/hwy 410 target shooting/cleaning setup meeting apr 23

I received an e-mail from Martie(ranger)the other day and they have decided on meeting April 23 to update and discus the issues surrounding target shooting in greenwater/hwy-410 area. Anyone who would like to provide some solutions to the current issues is encouraged to join. Also during this meeting we'll be setting a clean up date in greenwater, for both pits and maybe the forest clearing like we did back in oct. My guess is that it will be the first or second weeked of may, i'll update when there is a solid date in place.

Folks,

Many of you have reached out to me wanting to know if and when we were going to meet again and I appreciate that. I apologize for taking so long in getting a date established and I certainly hope the date of April 23rd (Saturday) works for most of you. The intent of the meeting will be to strategize some next steps, establish some clean-up dates of the pits and brainstorm ideas on how to best inform those who are choosing to not engage in safe shooting practices. These are just my ideas and I would love to hear some of yours!

So, I have reserved the conference room at our Forest Service office in North Bend (902 SE North Bend Way) and thought we could start at 0930 with the intent of meeting until Noon or whenever weíre done. I hope this date and time works for many of you and Iím anxious to catch up with all of you!

Please donít hesitate to call or email if you have questions! Thanks and see you soon!

Martie Schramm
    District Ranger
    Snoqualmie Ranger District
    Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie NF
    (425) 888-8751

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Greenwater/hwy 410 target shooting/cleaning setup meeting apr 23

For those who don't know; there is a new LEO working hwy410 and he will be at the meeting to introduce himself.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Two days away for those who are thinking about joining. At this meeting we'll be discussing the future of the notorious upper pit off Fs-72

Feedback Score

While I'm not able to attend the meeting, if you could please post the clean up dates that would be great.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

The meeting today went well and i believe we accomplished a lot. Highlights of the meeting included the future of the upper pit off fs-72 and the forest clearing(fs-7013) off of FS-70. At the time of the meeting the upper pit was in heavy consideration of being completely shut down. We convinced the forest service not to completely shut down the upper pit at this time so we could meet up and find a way to rearrange it to prevent people from missing the berms or setting up targets in the trees to shoot at which is causing all the strays overhead. Now the upper pit will be closed temporary and fenced off as soon as the equipment is brought up there to do so.

The forest clearing(7013) may and hopefully will undergo changes to prevent people from shooting in the incorrect direction which is causing strays to enter a community across hwy 410. Also there is a New LEO patrolling hwy-410/greenwater and he has told us he's already given citations/fines to people trashing the shooting areas and or unlawful shooting.

The cleanup date is May 21 sat starting at 9 am at the forest clearing(7013) at which point some people will be diverted to the Upper and lower pits for cleaning if we have a good turn out like we did last OCT. There will be a dumpster on site and trash bags supplied just like last time,bring rakes, shovels, magnets,gloves,buckets, ect and of course when we're done cleaning the target shooting will begin.