Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN, WGO, NWFA, Armslist, other local firearms sites

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Re: SGN, WGO, NWFA, Armslist, other local firearms sites

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot! View Post
    Feeling guilty?
    of what?

Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.
    Mickey Mouse for President 2016 (Ind) give the big eared fucker a chance.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Open bitching is encouraged!

Hell my wife charges for it.
    This man knows of what he speaks.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I've never used WGO but I have used other sites where I've been attacked by forum members and my main complaint is if I open my NY trash mouth and put them in their place, the mods freak out, but say nothing about their asshole-ish attacks by members. I don't like that double standard about most sites. If you're going to let members attack other members, don't coming whining to me when I those member cock sucking cunts or whatever I call them.

That's my main gripe about some sites.

Bronco, you can't be worse than jammersux, you're opposites, he was a liar, a dishonest hit and run con artist, and that is not the same thing as somebody who calls another what he is, somebody who belts out the truth straight up. Heck, they are polar opposites.

I got that same impression from day one with jammer, and did my best to bait him on gun knowledge. I should have just straight out asked him what guns he owned, because I didn't believe he owned any firearms at all.
    He owns a stainless Caspian 1911. That's all I've seen. I don't like the guy. He's a jerk on the forums and trolls everybody, then comes to events and is polite but weird (almost like being trolled in person). From what I've seen the ban hammer is used a lot more sparingly on waguns. Their choice I guess. Definitely some guys who I think their site would be better off without, but at the end of the day it's their site.

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    He owns a stainless Caspian 1911. That's all I've seen. I don't like the guy. He's a jerk on the forums and trolls everybody, then comes to events and is polite but weird (almost like being trolled in person). From what I've seen the ban hammer is used a lot more sparingly on waguns. Their choice I guess. Definitely some guys who I think their site would be better off without, but at the end of the day it's their site.
    I am amazed no one has taken his ass to the wood line and stuck that Caspian up his ass at these events. Guess I have been living in the MidWest too long lol.

Last edited by Army203; 09-30-2016 at 08:51 PM.
    Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post

There are trolls on every forum. Waguns is a great community, and I'm
    Sorry that some folks can't ignore or care to ignore keyboard warriors or people with different opinions. The site is moderated good, and threads that go south disappear.

I also have personally seen when someone tried bashing this site over there, it was immediately closed and issued warnings and explanations. That is the correct way to conduct a site. Not leave a running bashing session open for conversation.

If waguns hasn't worked it for you, I apologize. Keep doing great things over here and continue to encourage members to join.

Bottom line, learn to ignore people, hell there is even an ignore button so you don't see their posts and everyone can play nicely.

Winning duh!!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevytruckman View Post
    There are trolls on every forum. Waguns is a great community, and I'm
    Sorry that some folks can't ignore or care to ignore keyboard warriors or people with different opinions. The site is moderated good, and threads that go south disappear.

I also have personally seen when someone tried bashing this site over there, it was immediately closed and issued warnings and explanations. That is the correct way to conduct a site. Not leave a running bashing session open for conversation.

If waguns hasn't worked it for you, I apologize. Keep doing great things over here and continue to encourage members to join.

Bottom line, learn to ignore people, hell there is even an ignore button so you don't see their posts and everyone can play nicely.
    Good point, but I am also a fan of social culling of the herd. I don't like safe spaces. I would respect my SGN friends and other members more if they were to call me on my bullshit. Many have and they do in away that is articulate. Just like difference of opinions are fine and backed up without the hit and run tactics like on TOS.

PC and safe spaces is killing America. We don't have safe spaces in the Infantry and it made us stronger. If you can't hang the social norms will cull the herd. People that would normally be socially ostracized are now a protected class. Which is sad, because in stead of them killing themselves they end up becoming an active shooter. Even worse, they live long enough to breed.

There are a lot of people in the LE community that won't even give TOS the time of day because of the environment. Which is great for the firearms community

Last edited by Army203; 09-30-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

There are a lot of people in the LE community that won't even give WAGUNS the time of day because of the environment.[/QUOTE]

And.... there are of people the in the military and LE community that are everyday active members. Trolls are trolls, and are everyone. We had them I. Aviation side of the army, and you had far more Int he infantry side of the army bahahah

Trolls survive do to being fed and lured into more. Ignore button works great, that way you can enjoy the other 99.9999999999 percent of members you can stand to tolerate within the forum.

I have seen some of the posts that some of the members that are now perma banned from waguns. It wasn't pleasant and down right disrespectful. The type key board warrior attidude that's gets you removed from any normal place in society.

Norm: although I do respect you running of this forum and your right to chose how u run it. I think it is extremely disrespectful to leave this thread going. Dan, Steve and the other guys would have let this last for about 30 seconds and explanations would have been handled.

Do as you wish, it's just my suggestion from a guy that has been a members of both sites for some time now...

Thanks

Sean

Winning duh!!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Well, Sean, I think leaving this thread open to evolving discourse, including your input, is what leads to growth. You can't just throw out all of the distasteful stuff to avoid a little discomfort and expect change and consensus to occur.

For instance: I lost my religion over there and once I calmed down, realized I was just as bad as that about which I was complaining. I was led to the "ignore" button by listening to folks rant and have learned to use it if I am unable to restrain my ire.

Good on you for being a bigger man, hopefully the rest of us can catch up.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jukk0u View Post
    Well, Sean, I think leaving this thread open to evolving discourse, including your input, is what leads to growth. You can't just throw out all of the distasteful stuff to avoid a little discomfort and expect change and consensus to occur.

For instance: I lost my religion over there and once I calmed down, realized I was just as bad as that about which I was complaining. I was led to the "ignore" button by listening to folks rant and have learned to use it if I am unable to restrain my ire.

Good on you for being a bigger man, hopefully the rest of us can catch up.

Thank you Mr. Jimz

Winning duh!!!

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevytruckman View Post

Norm: although I do respect you running of this forum and your right to chose how u run it. I think it is extremely disrespectful to leave this thread going. Dan, Steve and the other guys would have let this last for about 30 seconds and explanations would have been handled.
    Interesting....you got to have your say at 7:45, but 20 minutes later you think the thread should be closed because it's disrespectful.

In Omnia Paratus