Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SGN, WGO, NWFA, Armslist, other local firearms sites

Re: SGN, WGO, NWFA, Armslist, other local firearms sites

Quote Originally Posted by Chevytruckman View Post
    He was banned for more than that. It was a repetitive deal. I remember. It's fine tho, I appreciate everyone's willing to listen and communicate and not just keep up with the non sense
    No...I was actually banned for exactly that incident and I would not agree to quit telling Technoweenie/JParks to fuck off. Steve was cool about it...offered to let me come back if I could agree to that and I could not meet those requirements. I do not know Dan or Steve personally but have heard nothing but good things about both of them. I have no issues with WGO management...it's more I can't contain my urge to shit down John Parks throat whenever possible.
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    Overall the NFL is a glorified correctional facility. At least 5 or 6 of them get shot or shoot someone in the off season. I think this is probably because we need to check our white privilege and quit paying them millions of dollars to mutilate their bodies in front of millions of oppressors. Once that whistle blows I just hear the Russian from Rocky IV in my head "If he dies....he dies..." and then I grab a beer and something with an outrageous fat to calorie content and get ready for the 4 hour ride.

It's probably better that the NFL is anti-gun...then you just have them knocking their wives out cold in elevators rather than pulling a drive-by in a leased exotic sports car...with a tiger in the passenger seat with a Gucci collar.

"Are you not entertained?" .... fuck yeah I am....and we are out of Frito's....fuck.
    A bit of historical perspective. The gladiatoral games of the Roman Empire. At base, thry were a form of welfare. Attendees received bread and some form of watered ethanol. Market value was the abjectly iognorant loyalty of the masses, so purchased, and the direct street trade helped drive the economies of the communties that had arenas. I find the similarities with contemporary professional sports, especially football, hockey, boxing and soccer nauseating. Obviously the potential for maiming and blood is part of the draw, however I figure that shit is voluntary. The real problem is the political impact in diverting attention from serious issues and using the venue to propagandize at a remarkably simplistic level. That, IMHO, is evil.
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

Please... I implore you all......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    A bit of historical perspective. The gladiatoral games of the Roman Empire. At base, thry were a form of welfare. Attendees received bread and some form of watered ethanol. Market value was the abjectly iognorant loyalty of the masses, so purchased, and the direct street trade helped drive the economies of the communties that had arenas. I find the similarities with contemporary professional sports, especially football, hockey, boxing and soccer nauseating. Obviously the potential for maiming and blood is part of the draw, however I figure that shit is voluntary. The real problem is the political impact in diverting attention from serious issues and using the venue to propagandize at a remarkably simplistic level. That, IMHO, is evil.
    I think everyone needs some kind of opportunity to be a mindless baboon. The NFL is my chosen "idiots delight" because I just can't manage to keep up with the Kardashians.
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014

As for it being a bloodsport: I always thought a good hit was ..well...good. But what many call a good hit, these days, looks more to me like a cold-cocking or a cheap shot.

My daughter (when she was younger and talked to me) once asked what it was that I liked about football. I told her it was the team effort, the concerted effort of many individuals toward a common goal (dual meaning), precision movements and strategy which got my attention.

I would be fine were there no names on the backs for the jerseys and only five or ten minutes of pre- and post-game coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Army203 View Post
    Good point, but I am also a fan of social culling of the herd. I don't like safe spaces. I would respect my SGN friends and other members more if they were to call me on my bullshit. Many have and they do in away that is articulate. Just like difference of opinions are fine and backed up without the hit and run tactics like on TOS.

PC and safe spaces is killing America. We don't have safe spaces in the Infantry and it made us stronger. If you can't hang the social norms will cull the herd. People that would normally be socially ostracized are now a protected class. Which is sad, because in stead of them killing themselves they end up becoming an active shooter. Even worse, they live long enough to breed.

There are a lot of people in the LE community that won't even give TOS the time of day because of the environment. Which is great for the firearms community
    Words to live by. I've been called out for things I've said on sites and in person (mostly by my wife). After short reflection, I usually realize they are right and I was an ass. We all say crap that in hind sight is stupid sometimes. I like it when people tell me I am out of line if I am so I can hopefully learn and correct my attitude.
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Bread and circus, the opiate of the masses. We are looking similar to the downfall of the Roman Empire, which also was once a thriving Republic. We will end up the same with barbarians at the gates. Hell, we are probably already there on the barbarians. Leeches feed off of a welfare state and a dumbed down populace until there is nothing left but a rotting carcass and then they move on with their spoils. A great set of volumes to read (yet extremely length) is "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" by Gibbon.

Edit: You can download for free:

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/gi...empire-12-vols
    Last edited by MorrisWR; 10-04-2016 at 04:49 AM.
    "Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

@Chevytruckman- Sean, honestly there are very few people who have been perma banned from WGO. Jam ur dix, and kf7doucheinatrailer are proof of the leniency of the ban policy. Not that they haven't been temp banned, they have. But it seems the line leading to a perma ban is an extremely hard one to cross short of out and out spamming or extreme racism/sexism etc. And that's fine, it's just not for everyone.

I like the amount of activity on the site, and a lot of the discussions and people there. But I'm getting more and more discouraged by WGO every day. There's a lot of censorship. Posts being deleted, threads constantly locked. It's frustrating and I can't help but feel like it's the result of allowing some of the repeated bad behavior members to continue on the site. Maybe if some of those guys were sent packing there would be less need to constantly quell bickering.

I'm waning in participation over there. It's turning into a shit show of the same members constantly baiting others with antagonistic bullshit and just so they can stand back and watch it burn. Or feed their need for attention by making people engage in arguments with them. There's a lot of positive things about WGO, but the negative side is growing every day and getting tiresome. I don't want to open a thread with 30 replies and only see 15 because 1/2 of the posts are shit stirring drama put up by guys on my ignore list.

I like that SGN allows a thread, even one with bickering, to continue to develop. Basically +1 to what Jukk0u said. Without the trolling that WGO is subject to a thread can go through a rough spot and continue to mature and get back on topic, much like this one has. Sigh. Keep posting over here on SGN. Keep the lights on. I miss this community.
    Last edited by sinus211; 10-04-2016 at 08:55 PM.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Most of those longish WGO threads I can't follow because I have many of the contributors on my ignore list.