My son just retired from the Navy where most of his career he was an MP as well as working 15 months overseeing Gitmo Camp 4/5 where the worst of the worst were imprisoned... So he is home now and I decided to have him help me build my first AR since he also was an RO and built ranges and trained all services on all military weapons including breaking down and building them back up.

Took us under an hour and she shoots great. Still adding stuff...

This is what was in the kit from Palmetto State Armory... stainless mid length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Freedom Rifle kit

16" Barrel Length
5.56 NATO Chamber
1 in 7" twist
416 Stainless Steel Barrel
Mid-length Gas System
PSA Classic Lower Build Kit
M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier
C158 HPT/MPI Bolt
Charging Handle

The Lower is an "AeroPrecision multi cal"... Very nice mil-spec with flared mag well... 7075-Tg forged aluminum...nice finish...

• Upper Tension Screw - Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver through the use of a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver. This provides a tight fit with any standard AR15 upper receiver.
  • Increased Magwell Flare - Allows for easier insertion of magazines and provides a sleeker look.

Took advantage of Black Friday's special ammo purchase from PSA as well. $369 for 1,000 rounds of 5.56 plus 10 30 rd mags with free shipping...

I just bought a Red Dot online and MBUS from a local store for the rear sight and looking at ordering the Harris Engineering S-BRM hinged base 6-9" Bipod...