Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya Folks!

Feedback Score

Wink Hiya Folks!

Very nice to meet you(s). I'm really glad to have come across this place. Talking about shooting weapons isn't exactly in fashion here in Seattle and so it's hard to meet fellow hole-making enthusiasts. My wife and I took an NRA Cert. Handgun course at Wade's a few years back and go there to shoot when we've the time and ammo. I've been into shooting .38 Spc and .40SW mostly. She's into the 9 right now.

We've been watching hours and hours and hours of Youtube reloading videos as we ramp up to buy our first press. We have nothing against single stages but aren't into precision loading or rifles or shotguns yet. Also, the cyclical and rhythmic nature of the progressive reloading process really appeals to me in a sort of zen, ADD and OCD sort of way. Me being out of my wife's hair for hours at a time appeals to her. We plan on buying one soon but would really like to see one operated in person before we potentially misfire our credit card buying a bridge connecting Wichita to Beijing. We're leaning toward the Hornady LnL because the D650 is just too $$$ for mostly making 3 kinds of small primer pistol ammo. If anyone has a progressive, any make, and wouldn't mind giving a live demo we would be happy to ply y'all with legal intoxicants during the endless Q/A section afterwards.
    Oh, side note. My wife asked if there is anyone in the Women's Only group. She wasn't sure if activity was hidden because it was a closed group or if this is just a total sausage fest.

Hi and Thanks!

Feedback Score

Re: Hiya Folks!

Hey! I'm a woman. I was given the password to that thread and told that it's not very active, so I didn't bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Mostly men here, but women are most welcome! Welcome to SGN! There are quite a few reloading gurus here on the boards and I'm sure they'll be along shortly to offer up help. In the meantime, welcome and good to have you aboard!

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Operator
    Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Welcome to SGN !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would mention what part of Seattle you live in, people can zoom in on being able to help you. Most reloading presses are bolted to a bench and are not very mobile.

cootduster

"A gun is like a parachute.
    If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cootduster View Post
    Welcome to SGN !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would mention what part of Seattle you live in, people can zoom in on being able to help you. Most reloading presses are bolted to a bench and are not very mobile.

cootduster
    But the advent of video and YouTube is a wonderful modern advancement that one could potentially use to record their process/technique or set up and post it up here. I'd be interested to see too.

BTW, welcome aboard SP!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Welcome from tacoma-ish. Make sure you check the for sale ads here. Should be some reloading presses there. I've only used my friends Dillon Blue Press which is an awesome piece.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Welcome!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Welcome here!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Welcome to this place, lets blow something up !!

Dan G
    2nd place is just first loser

Feedback Score

Talking Re: Hiya Folks!

Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone!

@ Inger1970 - Awesome! She'll be making an account here at some point. I know she's interested particularly in women's perspectives about firearms.

@cootduster - Thank you. We live in Capitol Hill and have cars.

@old11bravo - I agree. Youtube is a wonder thing but also a time machine that only goes forward. There's some things you just can't understand without first person contact. What the handle feels like when it is operating correctly, etc. And being able to ask questions in real time is huge. Maybe we can organize a meet n greet reloading potluck after the season's goodbyes are done.

@dav2no1 - I've poked about in there. It would be nice to buy local and reuse perfectly good equipment as well as get plenty of first person perspectives on specific equipment.

@tincanbandit - I love your signature - pending corporate's approval.

Last edited by Snagglepuss; 12-24-2016 at 12:43 PM.