Ranger
    Feedback Score

Re: Take action - WA Assault Weapons ban and Gun Registry

Done.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

From fucking Keiser (D):

"Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Senate Bill 5050, the Attorney Generals proposed gun ban legislation.
    I appreciate your concerns and will look closely at the details of this proposal before deciding whether to support this piece of legislation. I will keep your comments in mind."

This sounds like "fuck off, deplorable!" to me.

Tactical Operator
    Feedback Score
    112 (100%)

Watch the voting live today:

http://www.tvw.org/tvchannels/air/

Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Ranger
    Feedback Score

You who have the capability may want to forward this video of this piece of shit rachel maddow reminding the world that unalienable rights are NOT subject to a vote, it seems the trash don't understand their own words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZI2HuKLvIA

Shooter
    Feedback Score

I called Sen. Patty Kuderer's office a few minutes ago and talked with her assistant.. I guess nothing happened with this today?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

WOOHOO!!

Every single one of these bills FAILED in Judiciary today!!

- Assault weapons / High Cap magazine ban = DEAD!
    - Assault weapons / High Cap magazine licensing = DEAD!
    - "Safe Storage" barely made it along party lines, but most probably wont make it past the floor..

THANK YOU to everyone who spent the time writing your representatives and senators!! YOU made a difference today!!

Keep it up!! SBR and suppressors need to be non NFA items next!!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kdupreez View Post
    WOOHOO!!

Every single one of these bills FAILED in Judiciary today!!

- Assault weapons / High Cap magazine ban = DEAD!
    - Assault weapons / High Cap magazine licensing = DEAD!
    - "Safe Storage" barely made it along party lines, but most probably wont make it past the floor..

THANK YOU to everyone who spent the time writing your representatives and senators!! YOU made a difference today!!

Keep it up!! SBR and suppressors need to be non NFA items next!!

Any details on the first two?

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    Hell, I have to hit it with a rubber mallet, and even then it only gets hard in the middle

Marksman
    Feedback Score

https://goo.gl/xEtqlB

Nice Facebook live report with very welcome news. Safe storage apparently barely made it out of committee. Sounds like they won't have the votes to move it along.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Tactical Operator
    Feedback Score
    112 (100%)

I had the hearing on in the background. They adjourned around noon or so, and will reconvene at 9am. Not sure what that means or if they hear more bills.... dunno.

Never shop at Precise Shooter in Seattle. It's owned by anti-gun, anti-capitalist, pro Hillary voter. I defend the 2A. US Army Combat Veteran and Paratrooper: OIF x4. BSM and MSM recipient. NRA Lifetime. I'm a lawyer, but have not offered you legal advice.

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

Posted this on TOS:

It seems they are getting overwhelmed with comments on the anti-gun bills so the pressure is working. We need to keep it up in order to outnumber the anti-gunners who are also sending messages/calling the offices.

I received this response from Larry Springer yesterday:

"Thank you for your email message. Normally I do not respond to individual emails with a form response but the unusually large number of messages (several hundred) prevents me from sending an individual response to each one.

There are about 18 separate bills dealing with fire arm regulation. Most will not pass but a few may make it through the legislative process. The bills cover a wide variety of issues including the following:

Required safe storage

Ban on assault style weapons and large capacity magazines Licensure for purchase of assault style weapons/large magazines Prohibition on restrictions for concealed weapon permits Prohibition of database for hand gun sales Repeal of voter approved background checks initiative Protection of victims of sexual assault Disposal of forfeited firearms Protection of law enforcement officers Notice of expiration to holders of concealed weapon permits.

There are others, but these are the major areas legislation addresses this session. As mentioned, I have received many emails both in favor and opposed to many of these.

I have in the past, and will this session, support bills that establish rules for the safe storage of firearms to prevent access by children, notice to licensees of expiration, provide for voluntary purchase of safe storage units, and increased protections for victims of sexual assault.

It is doubtful any of the other bills will pass this session, but if any of them move further through our committee process I will consider them at that time.

I know this response will not address all of the questions raised in the hundreds of emails. I have tried to hit the main points that have a chance of passing. Let me know if you have further questions and I will do my best to get back to you.

Thanks again for contacting me.

Larry"

It sounds like Springer will support the bill sent to the floor.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...he-house-floor

"Today, the House Judiciary Committee considered substitute bills for House Bill 1387 and House Bill 1122. Thanks to your calls and emails, House Bill 1387​, and its substitute bill that we reported on yesterday, didnít receive a vote and have officially died in committee having failed to pass before the deadline. Unfortunately, a Substitute for House Bill 1122 was passed out of committee and will soon be on the House floor where it will await full consideration.

The Substitute for House Bill 1122 would require the locking up of oneís firearms or else they would potentially face reckless endangerment charges. Further, under this bill the penalty for a reckless endangerment charge involving a gun storage violation would amount to a Class C Felony. This intrusive government legislation invades peopleís homes and forces them to render their firearms useless in a self-defense situation by locking them up. House Bill 1122 is a solution in search of a problem."

Last edited by MorrisWR; 02-17-2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Link hosed - updated
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams to Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts 1798