Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Take action - WA Assault Weapons ban and Gun Registry

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Re: Take action - WA Assault Weapons ban and Gun Registry

We need to start legislation to "lock up" the people who start these bs gun laws in the first place.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Letters sent to Orwall and Gregerson.

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisWR View Post
    Posted this on TOS:

It seems they are getting overwhelmed with comments on the anti-gun bills so the pressure is working. We need to keep it up in order to outnumber the anti-gunners who are also sending messages/calling the offices.

I received this response from Larry Springer yesterday:

"Thank you for your email message. Normally I do not respond to individual emails with a form response but the unusually large number of messages (several hundred) prevents me from sending an individual response to each one.

There are about 18 separate bills dealing with fire arm regulation. Most will not pass but a few may make it through the legislative process. The bills cover a wide variety of issues including the following:

Required safe storage

Ban on assault style weapons and large capacity magazines Licensure for purchase of assault style weapons/large magazines Prohibition on restrictions for concealed weapon permits Prohibition of database for hand gun sales Repeal of voter approved background checks initiative Protection of victims of sexual assault Disposal of forfeited firearms Protection of law enforcement officers Notice of expiration to holders of concealed weapon permits.

There are others, but these are the major areas legislation addresses this session. As mentioned, I have received many emails both in favor and opposed to many of these.

I have in the past, and will this session, support bills that establish rules for the safe storage of firearms to prevent access by children, notice to licensees of expiration, provide for voluntary purchase of safe storage units, and increased protections for victims of sexual assault.

It is doubtful any of the other bills will pass this session, but if any of them move further through our committee process I will consider them at that time.

I know this response will not address all of the questions raised in the hundreds of emails. I have tried to hit the main points that have a chance of passing. Let me know if you have further questions and I will do my best to get back to you.

Thanks again for contacting me.

Larry"

It sounds like Springer will support the bill sent to the floor.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...he-house-floor

"Today, the House Judiciary Committee considered substitute bills for House Bill 1387 and House Bill 1122. Thanks to your calls and emails, House Bill 1387​, and its substitute bill that we reported on yesterday, didnít receive a vote and have officially died in committee having failed to pass before the deadline. Unfortunately, a Substitute for House Bill 1122 was passed out of committee and will soon be on the House floor where it will await full consideration.

The Substitute for House Bill 1122 would require the locking up of oneís firearms or else they would potentially face reckless endangerment charges. Further, under this bill the penalty for a reckless endangerment charge involving a gun storage violation would amount to a Class C Felony. This intrusive government legislation invades peopleís homes and forces them to render their firearms useless in a self-defense situation by locking them up. House Bill 1122 is a solution in search of a problem."

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

excellent win! but the fight isn't over!

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Problem: if an anti-firearms bill failed to pass out of committee, or fails in a floor vote, the Anti-Gunners are well-funded by Bloomberg, Soros, Paul Allen, et. al, and plan to ban assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and who knows what else by sponsoring a Citizen's Initiative and using the well-known "King County voter fraud machine" to crank out however many extra ballots are needed and pass them against the will of the people. So, fasten yr seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT View Post
    excellent win! but the fight isn't over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    Problem: if an anti-firearms bill failed to pass out of committee, or fails in a floor vote, the Anti-Gunners are well-funded by Bloomberg, Soros, Paul Allen, et. al, and plan to ban assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and who knows what else by sponsoring a Citizen's Initiative and using the well-known "King County voter fraud machine" to crank out however many extra ballots are needed and pass them against the will of the people. So, fasten yr seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Correct on both posts. It is never over and we can never stop fighting. These people are like turds that float and never quite get flushed.

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." - Joseph Stalin

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

District 4 seems to have a pretty good guy in state gov't: Matt Shea. Here's an update from him:

http://mattshea.houserepublicans.wa....online-survey/

"Thank you for your e-mail! Rep. Shea voted against HB 1483 in committee." Marsha Whitney (Shea's assistant)

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Got that same response from Matt's assistant.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Got that same response from Matt's assistant.
    Yep.