Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cancelling your gym membership

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

cancelling your gym membership

I thought this was just fodder for sit coms, but recently I tried to cancel my daughters LA Fitness gym membership and found out that they will not allow you to do so and the law is on their side!

I tried twice in person, but the special "manager" who is the only one who is authorized to cancel memberships is NEVER available, you cannot cancel over the phone or online,

I called my credit card company and disputed the charges, they went ahead and sent a message to LA Fitness, but said it wont do any good and even if I cancel my credit card, they can still bill my account and send me to collections.

I am two steps from resorting to violence, so I thought I would consult you folks to see if anyone had some advice in dealing with these mother fuckers

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: cancelling your gym membership

call the head quarters in cali

get "jesse"

call the BBB

call bob ferguson (hiding behind the wall)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Do you have your contract on hand?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

my original membership was with Vision Quest, LA Fitness bought them out

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82 View Post
    Do you have your contract on hand?

Take a shit in the middle of the gym or/and in sauna.
    They will cancel your membership.

Shooter
    Feedback Score

Go open carry when your working out.. I had no problem canceling an LA Fitness membership.. I did it in person with the membership girl.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Great. I'm a member too. I hate the place. It's massive and crowded. Bunch of douche bags.
    Maybe if you cancel the credit card? If they don't have a way to bill you...problem solved.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HistoricalArms View Post
    Great. I'm a member too. I hate the place. It's massive and crowded. Bunch of douche bags.
    Maybe if you cancel the credit card? If they don't have a way to bill you...problem solved.
    credit card company says they are helpless, the gym can still invoice a closed account and I will be sent to collections.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT View Post
    my original membership was with Vision Quest, LA Fitness bought them out
    Did you sign a new contract when they took over?

"If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by .308Win View Post
    Take a shit in the middle of the gym or/and in sauna.
    They will cancel your membership.
    Well... Maybe. It might get you arrested before they lose funds