Thread: Hello from rentonish

Hello from rentonish

Hello-

I'm south of Seattle, been in the 'greater puget sound' area most of my life. Firearms enthusiast since well before I could legally own one. I shoot at SPAA from time to time, but looking for another place where I can be out of the weather. Took me years to warm up to handguns, but I briefly dated a gal who was an NRA firearms instructor, and she turned me into a fan. My current collection is a mix, but geared towards self-defense/zombie invasion. I'm not a hunter. Also exploring the exciting world if NFA items.

Anyway, I hope to find many interesting conversations to engage in here, and maybe some shooting buddies. The guy I usually shoot with is way up in Snoqualmie, and seems to have too many family obligations to ever have fun, any more. Either that, or his wife hates me, but I've never gotten that impression....
    Last edited by BullpupFan; 02-25-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014

Re: Hello from rentonish

hiya BPF. Glad you're here.

have you seen the new bullpup coming out of AZ? the desert tech MDR? james river is/was/did make an M1A/M14 Bullpup. whaddya think of that?
    Last edited by jukk0u; 02-25-2017 at 11:45 PM.

I have seen the MDR, and more importantly, I've seen the conversation about it on another site that's more ar15-centric. I think the gun is ugly, and I would not, at this point trust the company making it.

Generally, I stay away from 'conversions' of weapons that weren't designed as bullpups from the get-go. It probably comes from my foolish dabbling with the KVAR kit for AKs that came out in the late 90's. I was on the waiting list for that piece of shit, and boy was it not worth it. Also had one of those Mossberg bullpup shotguns at one time, and the trigger was just awful.

All that being said, James River seems to have a solid rep. I will take a look at it. There are so few choices in bullpups for anything other than 5.56.

Operator

Welcome to SGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cootduster
    "A gun is like a parachute.
    If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Welcome to the forum!
    Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Welcome BPF! I'm not a big bullpup shooter but have an MSAR in .223 wylde for the hell of it. Good shooter, very mediocre trigger.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Welcome from Tacoma-ish!
    Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety

Welcome from Marysville.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Welcome to the boards!

Hello & welcome