Thread: War on Cash Ramps Up

Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

War on Cash Ramps Up

Not good for liberty minded people. Think the Federal Government has too much to do with your personal finances? THink that big banks and credit aren't complicit in implementing that stick for more leverage?

Visa is now offering small restaurants, and food trucks $500k to go cashless.

EVERY exchange of currency will soon be harvested for fees, interest and taxation if cash goes the way of snail mail* and the rotary telephone/land line.

*(in an interesting aside, I read today where the US taxpayer is, in effect, subsidizing Amazon dot com. Seems the USPS delivers their (your) shit at below cost.)

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/15/Visa-offers-500K-for-eateries-to-stop-accepting-cash/2291500133004/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=10

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: War on Cash Ramps Up

Quote Originally Posted by jukk0u View Post
    Not good for liberty minded people. Think the Federal Government has too much to do with your personal finances? THink that big banks and credit aren't complicit in implementing that stick for more leverage?

Visa is now offering small restaurants, and food trucks $500k to go cashless.

EVERY exchange of currency will soon be harvested for fees, interest and taxation if cash goes the way of snail mail* and the rotary telephone/land line.

*(in an interesting aside, I read today where the US taxpayer is, in effect, subsidizing Amazon dot com. Seems the USPS delivers their (your) shit at below cost.)

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/15/Visa-offers-500K-for-eateries-to-stop-accepting-cash/2291500133004/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=10

Cash will always be king in my book. Especially when buying vehicles. Nothing talks like a stack of bills on the table.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

In a world without cash, what will strippers do? Think of all the single moms this kind of stuff will put out of work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I will not go to places that don't take cash.

I do use amazon, because I'm very rural and they basically ship free, but I mostly use cash unless I want the extra warranty that I get with my one credit card. I pay it off every month.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    In a world without cash, what will strippers do? Think of all the single moms this kind of stuff will put out of work.
    They would have to implant a card reader...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Cashless is not synonymous with no anonymity. You can buy prepaid cards. People desire cards for the convenience. A free market reacts to that. Case in point, Dicks was seen as difficult for only being cash and going to cards has been seen as positive by the market (consumers).

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Anonymity isn't the only issue and practically insignificant compared to the reality that digital non-existent money can disappear and leave a country full of people in poverty with a click of a button.

Gun Problem? ... You mean like when you squeeze the trigger and nothing goes bang... right?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue2 View Post
    Cashless is not synonymous with no anonymity. You can buy prepaid cards. People desire cards for the convenience. A free market reacts to that. Case in point, Dicks was seen as difficult for only being cash and going to cards has been seen as positive by the market (consumers).
    If there is no cash, those prepaid cards would be bought with other cards. I'm not familiar with laws concerning privacy, I'm assuming they are strict, but the account associated with prepaid cards is also a digital fingerprint. I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult to go backwards from the prepaid card to find out what non-prepaid credit or debit card paid for it if big brother wanted you found.