Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Shockwave

Mossberg Shockwave

I'm picking mine up from Brad this weekend and after researching a little the best I can determine is that under RCW it is defined as a "pistol" and should be allowed to be carried loaded in a vehicle with CPL. The prosecutor did say to be prepared to spend a couple of days in jail until the court figures out I'm right. Any thoughts?
    If I don't answer your PM, it's probably because I have determined that you are a low-life price gouger that is not worthy of my attention.

Last edited by .308Win; 09-12-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Yep I've seen the ATF letter and the RCW basically copied their interpretation with it just being considered a firearm. The RCW defines a pistol as any firearm with a barrel under 16 inches or designed to be fired with one hand which fits the shockwave, so I'm going with it being a pistol.
    If I don't answer your PM, it's probably because I have determined that you are a low-life price gouger that is not worthy of my attention.

I read up on these things a while back. Never looked at RCW's, but there's one thing I'd do some more looking on, and that's the federal definition, the GCA specifically, and where it says "when held in one hand." This might be an already settled point, but it's rather hard to operate a pump gun with one hand. I'd feel safer just calling those things "firearm" as a legal term, as they clearly aren't "shotguns" by definition, but they are also not "short-barreled shotguns", since that requires it to be a "shotgun" in the first place.

I would also look up what an "AOW" is, or just watch this video. That mossy isn't one, but I bet it might be if you swap that grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPJy...SoKis_W-2Cq08c

Ranger

I have one that I picked up from a member & it's very fun to shoot. Also have the Mossberg Cruiser & its grip makes it quite punishing to shoot . I don't know about loaded in the vehicle . Will see how you do on that & how the chow is in lockup. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bd1493 View Post
    Yep I've seen the ATF letter and the RCW basically copied their interpretation with it just being considered a firearm. The RCW defines a pistol as any firearm with a barrel under 16 inches or designed to be fired with one hand which fits the shockwave, so I'm going with it being a pistol.
    That's precisely the way I would interpret this as well. But like you said, the prosecutor may have different ideas with how you should spend your time until someone decides otherwise...

Expert Marksman

Can a pistol have a non rifled bore?

Quote Originally Posted by jlp View Post
    Can a pistol have a non rifled bore?
    “The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." Robert Heinlein

A Mossberg Shockwave is categorized as a "firearm" and is not covered by your Concealed Pistol License no matter how you wish to interpret the RCW.