Thread: Picture posting tutorial.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Picture posting tutorial.

How to post pic's. (Photobucket)
    A tutorial by Tactical Assault.

Step 1 - Go to http://www.photobucket.com
    Step 2 - Sign up. It's simple and FREE.
    Step 3 - Fill in your info and click log in. (SEE RED BOX)

Step 4 - Make sure "My computer" is checked. (It's the default) Then click the "Upload pictures and video's" button (SEE RED BOX)

Step 5 - A window will pop up asking you which pictures you would like to upload. You need to navigate to where you have your pic's. (Desktop, My Pictures, Etc.) (SEE RED BOX)

Step 6 - Once you find and choose which pic's to upload click "Open" (SEE RED BOX) your images will begin to upload to photobucket.

Step 7 - Once the uploads are complete you will see the following screen. At this point you can add titles or just click "Return to album"

Step 8 - After you click "return to album" as mentioned in the previous step you will see the following screen with your newly uploaded pic's.

Step 9 - Now to post your image to SGN, move your cursor over the image you want to post and a small window will show up under it.
    (SEE RED BOX ON FOLLOWING IMAGE)

Step 9a - Left mouse click the bottom option "IMG CODE" (SEE RED ARROW) it should turn black. When it turns black, right mouse click. A small window will come up. Select "copy" (SEE FOLLOWING IMAGE)

Step 10 - Once inside your post on SGN (Where you normaly post) Right mouse click after all your text and select "paste" You will then see a line of code similar to this: img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/1low64/understamped.jpg

Step 11 - Repeat steps 9-10 for additional pic's. When you have copied all the image codes to your post click "Preview" this will show you what your post will look like pic's included. If everything looks good, click "Submit"

That's it. Quick, simple and VERY important for selling items!

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Re: Picture posting tutorial.

Great work, TacticalAssault!

I hope that folks will read this and learn . . . it would be great to see more photos in the postings. I think the photos are one of the most powerful selling tools available.

Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
    Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    Life Member, Gun Owners of America
    Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Re: Picture posting tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPick
    Great work, TacticalAssault!

I hope that folks will read this and learn . . . it would be great to see more photos in the postings. I think the photos are one of the most powerful selling tools available.

I agree, that's exactly why I did this. :D

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    hi, I'm trying to upload a picture but I get an error "exceeds forum quote by 56.9 kb". in the attachment key, allowed size of 97.7kb and my picture is 56kb. Also, same problem with photobucket. How can I attach a picture?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibysag View Post
    hi, I'm trying to upload a picture but I get an error "exceeds forum quote by 56.9 kb". in the attachment key, allowed size of 97.7kb and my picture is 56kb. Also, same problem with photobucket. How can I attach a picture?
    I'm getting the same thing. Is there a step I missed to unlock forum attachment quota?

"Pretty sure the Russians were trying to defeat themselves with this rifle." -friend on his Mosin

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Imageshack

then right click image and copy address and use

[img]XXXXXXX[/img]

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)
    I've found it has a limit of 10 pics with Photobucket links but haven't seen a size limit with Photobucket image pasting.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So on the old site, which was far simpler and easier to use..... You simply click the "insert image" button, then paste your photo's URL from photobucket, imageshack, etc.

How in hell do I get a photo to show up on here?! I am almost pulling my hair out over this new learning curve.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyiuheehee View Post
    So on the old site, which was far simpler and easier to use..... You simply click the "insert image" button, then paste your photo's URL from photobucket, imageshack, etc.

How in hell do I get a photo to show up on here?! I am almost pulling my hair out over this new learning curve.
    Go into Settings in the top right corner, go to General Settings in the left frame, scroll down to Message Editor Interface, select Enhanced Interface. And your old options will appear when you type up your messages.

Or use code:
    [img]YOUR IMAGE URL[/img]

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    For anyone has iPhone there is photobucket app you can upload straight from iPhone then get image code and copy/post