Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A "BIG" Thank You to my fellow Seattlegunners..we hit $1,000

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score

Re: Calling all Moderators & SeattleGunners HELP NEEDED ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign
    Put me down for $10.. Just need a place to mail the check.
    +1

Don't tread on me

Operator
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any chance we could use PayPal?

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kingasa
    Any chance we could use PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog18
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman
    Do you have, or can you set up, a Paypal or Gunpal account for donations?

corpsman
    ==========
    I'm sorry, but for accountability and to protect my fellow Seattlegunners from fraudulent scams, I'm only accepting checks/money orders made out to Mr. Akira Tamura. This way, EVERYONE will know that the only person who will be able to endorse the check/money order is Mr. Akira Tamura. Hopefully you'll understand my concerns of why I chose not to collect cash donations.

**You can always get a Walmart Gift Card instead of making a cash donation**

I'm an honest guy, but unless you really know me, you have no idea if I would "pocket" the money or "skim" a few bucks every now and then. This is the only way of knowing that 100% of your donation will go to the victim and not some other dirt bag trying to make a few bucks on the side.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Put me in for $10. Pm me your adress and it will be out the door tomorrow

Feedback Score
    109 (100%)

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by molon.labe View Post
    you are so high speed.
    Upset about 594? Donate to the Second Amendment Foundation

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson
    Chupacabra tacos rock!

Patrolman
    Feedback Score

Update as of Sept 23 @ 11:50am:
    I contacted KCPQ Channel 13 Fox News, and everything is good-2-go.
    I'm wondering if we would like to go public with this? Wouldn't it be AWESOME if you see this on the news....

LOCAL SEATTLE GUN FORUM DONATES $4,566 TO DISABLED VETERAN. (There are currently 4,566 Seattlegunners..if we all made a $1 donation we could make this happen).

With all the recent negativity of people with guns/shootings, this is would be a great "PR" (public relations) opportunity for seattleguns.net. So if any of the MODS want to take this thread over feel free.
    KCPQ is a no go, or any other media outlet. I do not believe in using another's misfortune for our personal gain (looking good or promoting the board). If the board wants to organize or participate in this, it is because they want to help someone else just because. Being a positive steward of the community is reward in itself...

Kudos to bulldog18 for starting this and to everyone who is participating of their own goodwill. You are what makes YOUR communities stronger.

My mood today is: playful
    Smoke/drink?: No/A lot since I started this board
    I am here for: relationships
    I am a: vagatarius
    If I could meet anyone it would be: dementia's parents

Dear Mr. Masters,

Thank you for commending the kind members of this board. However, please note that the fact that you wish to abstain from using this opportunity to show that the legal gun owners of the local community can, and will do good in the face of crime simply takes our voice away when a chance for it to be heard is available.

We certainly are not preying upon the victim of this senseless crime here. We would simply be showing our true colors to the local Seattle community, just like the gays do with their pride parades. Although gays may be able to parade through the streets completely naked and painted up with each other on leashes and not be shunned, we certainly cannot parade through the streets with our guns in tote, demonstrating the second amendment.

Please rethink your position on this matter.

Kind Regards,
    70GALLONCUBE

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Masters
    Update as of Sept 23 @ 11:50am:
    I contacted KCPQ Channel 13 Fox News, and everything is good-2-go.
    I'm wondering if we would like to go public with this? Wouldn't it be AWESOME if you see this on the news....

LOCAL SEATTLE GUN FORUM DONATES $4,566 TO DISABLED VETERAN. (There are currently 4,566 Seattlegunners..if we all made a $1 donation we could make this happen).

With all the recent negativity of people with guns/shootings, this is would be a great "PR" (public relations) opportunity for seattleguns.net. So if any of the MODS want to take this thread over feel free.
    KCPQ is a no go, or any other media outlet. I do not believe in using another's misfortune for our personal gain (looking good or promoting the board). If the board wants to organize or participate in this, it is because they want to help someone else just because. Being a positive steward of the community is reward in itself...

Kudos to bulldog18 for starting this and to everyone who is participating of their own goodwill. You are what makes YOUR communities stronger.
    =========================================

Sounds good. I'll collect all the checks/money orders/Walmart gift cards and put them in a "gift wrapped" shoebox and label it just like this:

To: MR. AKIRA TAMURA
    Thank you For Your Service

When he unwraps the shoebox and opens it, it will be full of our donations. Unless someone has a better idea or has any objections...???

If you need to contact me, e-mail me at bulldog18sgn@hotmail.com
    My SGN inbox is 95% full.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score

The anonomous package would be incredible, I hope we can make a little difference for him. You should put the donations in a fifty cal ammo can, I've got one I could donate. jestera

Need any auto glass work done?? I have about 15 years experience and if you catch me on the right day I might not rip you off. :D PM me with questions or needs...